The Zechel lab had a busy Winter term and is enjoying the transition to summer. A quick review of the past few months:
- DLZ had the privilege of visiting Trent University for a seminar in March. Many thanks to Steven Rafferty for the invitation and kind hospitality!
- Fourth year honour students Jessie Hebbert and Akpevweoghene Akohwarien completed their projects and have moved on to postgraduate studies in education and chemistry, respectively. Best of luck in these new and exciting chapters in your careers!
- Kaitlyn Pinkett is on an exchange in Freiburg for the summer to work with Prof. Andreas Bechthold and cycle in the hills of the Black Forest. She is supported by an OBW student exchange award.
- Linor Berezin and Dragos Chiriac have joined the lab for the summer. Linor is an NSERC summer student who will work on the nucleocidin project. Dragos is a leading member of the Queen’s iGEM team .
- The Zechel lab has exciting funding news!! We will be able to provide specifics this month when the results are made public by the funding agency.